Wednesday, September 16, 2009

So, I have been feeling discouraged the past few months, not just because of my not losing much through Weight Watcher's (and I know it's not their fault, mainly), but because of LIFL!! LOL I stopped reading it...

Not because it's not a great book. On the contrary, it's an amazing book, an awesome tool to use. I stopped reading it because that red pill is one hard pill to swallow.

There are things that I've blamed on my weight that may not be my weight's fault. Sure, there are definitely prejudices towards overweight people, and people who call themselves overweight who really aren't, but are trying to fit into the socially acceptable prototype of "healthy."

But I digress...there are things about me that are wrong that have absolutely nothing to do with my weight!! What a thought!! So, I stopped reading, because I guess it's taking me a little while to digest (pardon the pun) this information.

On the upside...I realized that since January, I have lost almost 30lbs. That is my "pre-Weight Watcher" weigh in number, but a real number, nonetheless. So, that is encouraging, and even though I haven't been going to WW meetings since before VBS, I have continued to lose, so, again, all positives!! :)

Part of me is in awe that I am 30lbs. smaller (I mean, that's more weight than Eli weighs!!), I did the math, and the other part of me isn't thrilled with 3lbs/month average, either.

SO, this has been a little melancholy, hasn't it? I don't mean for it to be, but these are the conflicting emotions I've been dealing with... And, I am going to start back where I left off in LIFL.

Love you all!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah...I try not to think about my monthly average! If I did....I would be VERY disappointed! Just look at the BIG picture!!! Congrats on 30 pounds! That is very exciting!!!!

    Love you...and praying for you! I know this is not an easy journey. I still struggle A LOT with this journey. I don't think it will ever be over for me!!!

    ReplyDelete